Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could this be his dad?

Hi

I have the birth cert of a William Olive James Jones born in 1914, and whose mother was Constance Beatrice Jones an Accounts Clerk. Searching through the National Archives i have found a divorce petition of the wife of a James William Olive who happens to be an Accountant and employer. this is my step-dads side and William and his children later adopt the surname Olive-Jones. Do you think that James William Olive could have been Williams father?
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Do you mean there is no father mentioned on his birth cert? If there isn't, then his mother was not married to his father when he was born.

OC

Comment

yes no father listed so Contance wasnt married to the father. James Williams wife was Amy until she divorced in him 1917
      Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

Oh, right, sorry, I thought you meant she was married to him and then he divorced her.

If she wasn't married to him then I imagine he was the father of her child, as she has named him by giving her son his name. The divorce papers may clarify this!

OC

Comment

Excellent thanks, seemed far too good a match to not be him
          Robyne

Comment

the divorce records in my experience are worth getting. they usually have copies of all relevant certificates, and in case of births, sometimes all the details needed to find it in the index. very interesting.

Comment

Working...
            X