Born out of Wedlock and adopted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Born out of Wedlock and adopted.

Skeletons in the cupboard again. I found my Aunty gave birth in 1935 and had the babe adopted. She later married and had children.
    Adoptions are something I've never had to deal with so didnt read the many posts and advise. Would the father's name have to be declared in the Adoption Papers; he isnt included on the birth Certificate.

My Mum's adoption papers only had her mothers name on it. If the father has not been identified on the birth certificate it is probably unlike that it will be on the adoption paper.

Just a tip: I am not sure how often it happens but my Mums adoptive parents also changed my Mum's christian names around.
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Thanks 'Bubblebel'.....I was afraid of that.

Comment

His name may very well have been mentioned in the adoption papers, but that won't help you because there is no way you will ever be allowed to see those papers.

Your only hope really is if someone in the family knows who he was.

OC

Comment

Originally posted by AlanC View Post
          Skeletons in the cupboard again. I found my Aunty gave birth in 1935 and had the babe adopted. She later married and had children.
          Adoptions are something I've never had to deal with so didnt read the many posts and advise. Would the father's name have to be declared in the Adoption Papers; he isnt included on the birth Certificate.
          He may or not be named on the adoption papers regardless of the contents of the birth certificate, adoption papers are only open to the adoptee.
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
          My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
          My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Working...
          X