Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any of my Shurmer / Empson family there ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any of my Shurmer / Empson family there ?

Hello all Shurmers

Are there any of my relatives living around the Stroud area?

My dad was Jack Empson Shurmer, youngest of five, born in Temple Guiting 8th December 1912. His parents were John and Emma (maiden name Empson) and his siblings were

Alfred John- born 1903; Arther Percy - born 1905; Lillian Rose - born 1908 and Eric Geoffrey - born 1910.

I'm visiting Stroud the Monday / Tuesday before Christmas and was wondering whether I could meet any Shurmers to exchange photos and information about my Shurmer / Empson family.

Ever hopeful......

Have you thought of looking on facebook or twitter for the surname to see if any names may be there that are known names in your tree.

Or you can contact the Stroud Family History Society, if there is one

Edna

Comment

Welcome to FTF Casalecci
      There must be a few out there as all the names that you have given are in several trees on Genes Reunited.
      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Many thanks for suggestions. I've looked on FB and whilst there are numerous Shurmers on it, I don't know the names of any of my cousins (not researched the tree sufficiently for that yet !)

I will continue to pursue...

Regards

Comment

you could put an ad in the paper? we contemplated it for descendants of our family in yorks.

Comment

Having done a bit of quick research I would look for marriage and death of Lilian Rose with two ll's in the middle (Lillian). I found a marriage of Lillian R Shurmer to a Cyril E Hobbs (died 1988 North Cotswolds) in 1929 Shipston Warwickshire. She appears to have died as Lillian Rose Hobbs in 1979 North Cotswolds and her birth date is given as 4th Jan 1908. Doing a bit of cross checking with trees on GR, some of the same people that have Lilian also have the Hobbs children (could be up to possibly 7 children). Worth checking this one out perhaps?

Comment

I think you will find that there are loads of Shurmer relatives for you to find and probably contact.

Have just had a look at Eric Geoffrey, who appears to have died in Sept 1991 aged 81 in South Warwickshire. He and his wife Violet Maud Guest (died 1973 Shipston on Stour) appear to have had 5 children (4 boys and a girl) between 1929 and 1939.

I hope this helps to give you a start

Comment

Very many thanks for the tips and info. Currently renovating a cottage in rural France so research is somewhat sporadic; but your help has given me a spur so I'll crack on during the evenings.

Comment

Working...
                X