Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are they??

Hi

I finally have my husbands grandparents marriage cert and im still struggling! Leslie Oliver married Addie Annand in Middlesex in 1938 age 28. Leslie was in the Navy and his dad is listed as Leonard John Oliver and is a Storekeeper but I cannot find them anywhere in 1911. There is only one marriage of a Leonard John Oliver in 1897 but I have found him and his wife Amelia on the 1911 census with no children and no children listed as even being born. I have searched the Scotland information too just in case (Addie was Scottish) and there is only one and the father listed is William so again no match.

I know some of you have superpowers and can find the seeminly impossible so can anyone find anything?

I found a possible in Northumberland as a grandson, however I have not been able to find a Leonard John in that family at all. The name Leonard is quite a big thing in this family as hubby is Leonard Leslie, his dad is Leonard George, his dad is this Leslie and then his dad is Leonard John so I cant believe that Leslie just made it up?

Of the births I have found, the Leonard John born in Wolverhampton is a nephew and single in 1911, the one born in 1865 is the one who married above.

Any ideas??
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Remember that in 1911 it was the WIFE who answered the question about how many children born to THIS marriage, so the Leonard you have found in 1911 may still be yours. They may have misunderstood the question (mine did!) and thought it meant children still living at home!

Does the occupation match?

OC

Comment

Not really, occupation is Club Steward. however Leslie would of only been 1 in 1911 so you'd think she would of remembered? Plus they had been married 14 years so Leslie would of been her child
      Last edited by Lensgirl; 19-07-12, 17:46.
      Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

The 1910 child as grandchild is either the child of Elizabeth Oliver or John William Oliver as there are no other children that I can find on either the 1900 or 1891 census that could be his parent. If his mother is Elizabeth, perhaps he knew his father was a Leonard John something? Ive found a birth before where the parents werent married so the mother put the father down with her surname

An Elizabeth Oliver married a Leonard John Clayton in 1913. Possibility??
        Last edited by Lensgirl; 19-07-12, 18:21.
        Robyne

Comment

I cant find those marriages, do you have the reference?

do you mean births?
          Last edited by Lensgirl; 19-07-12, 18:56.
          Robyne

Comment

sorry deleted that my mistake not having much luck,

Comment

Me either. Elizabeth Oliver marrying Leonard John Clayton and Leslie saying that Leonard John was his father is seemingly more and more likely. In 1911 Leonard John Clayton was in the forces

hooray!! Leslie Oliver is living with a Leonard John and Elizabeth Clayton in 1934 in Acton. I think thats my man sorted!!
              Robyne

Comment

glad you found him

Comment

Working...
                X