Proprietor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proprietor

Hello,I have my Joshua Nunn on the land ,tax redemption records 1798,on Ancestry as occupier,I have also found the proprietor is a W O LAWS.On the marriage record for Joshuas Marriage in 1790 ,he married Elizabeth Laws at St HELENS CHURCH,Ipswich,Suffolk.I am thinking that this W O LAWS is the father of Elizabeth ?How do I find proof of this and where do I look for the evidence?Joshua and Elizabeth lived on Angel Lane ,Ipswich ,Suffolk with their children .I have also thought the O could actually be a D? Witnesses to the marriage are Jeremiah Laws and Sarah.I cant find the marriage record on Ancestry but it is on IGI.On the marriage record for Joshuas Daughter Mary it says Joshua was a builder.I dont know anymore and I dont know Joshuas parents ,I seem to have stopped here.I would appreciate any advice now to move forward with my Nunn family.Thankyou .
    T

Have you found a bp for Elizabeth? - it could well name her father.

Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Hi,no sorry,still searching,I only have the marriage in 1790.thanks

Comment

Hi Fardon
        I think Wo is some sort of abbreviation for widow. It appears lots of times in the 1798 records. An example on page 29 of the records is Proprietor-- Mayes Wo-- Occupier herself.
        Moggie

Comment

Possible burial for Joshua Nunn 29th Mar 1821 age 60 Ipswich St Helen.
          Son? Joshua Nunn buried 20th Dec 1827 age 36 Ipswich St Helen.

Burial for an Elizabeth Nunn 22nd Mar 1833 age 57, same church. This would give a birth year c 1776. This may not be Joshua's wife as she would only have been 14 when they married.
          Moggie
          Last edited by maudarby; 19-07-12, 17:38.

Comment

Hi ,thanks ,yes possibly widow Laws ,Joshua had a son named Joshua
            Last edited by fardon; 19-07-12, 17:46.

Comment

Originally posted by fardon View Post
              I cant find the marriage record on Ancestry but it is on IGI.
              Who married, and when and where did it happen? I can't get familysearch to bring up a marriage for Joshua Nunn

Comment

Joshua Nunn married Elizabeth Laws in 1790 at St HELENS CHURCH,IPSWICH,SUFFOLK

Comment

I'm not finding it on the IGI anymore - there was a recent thread about the changes to the IGI. Makes me wonder if it was a submitted entry?

Comment

I know it was there ,maybe you are right as I cant find it now.:(

Comment

The marriage of Joshua Nunn and Elizabeth Laws on 27/6/1790 at Ipswich St Helen has been recorded by Suffolk FHS and is shown on FMP, as is also the marriage at the same church on 4/9/1791 of a Jeremiah Laws and Elizabeth Grimsey.

merleyone

Comment

thats great,thankyou,any clues to Joshuas parents ?

Comment

Working...
                        X