Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any ideas where I could find these papers please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideas where I could find these papers please?

I had this mesage from someone some time ago and now can't get hold of them..can anyone else help.

This is the message they sent me in response to me trying to find Violet Ouellette (nee White) born in England and went to Canada with her husband Arthur, a Canadian soldier. This is the message..............

I was researching a Canadian serviceman who married in England in 1918 while convalescing. I didn't find them on any shipping lists, but I did find his repatriation (with ship named) in his service record. This cost about $30, and also contained a travel expenses claim for his wife's passage - they travelled on the same ship in 1919

Where would I find his repatriation papers?

Thanks

Linda

Will this website provide the answer to your question:
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Just had a look Judith. There are 3 that match roughly give or take a year but don't seem to be him. Not the right Father's name.

I have his marriage certificate and is states his father as Peter Ouellette.

Linda

Comment

Try this one:

Comment

Hope you find him Linda. At least you have a name to look for. I am flummoxed by a family story - my late aunt looked at my tree , pointed out one of her aunts and said "Oh that must be the one who emigrated to Ontario - a great adventure in those days" Would have been great except the lady she pointed out can be traced through censuses and BMDs of herself, her husband and children, always in London. So who the devil went to Ontario Aaaah!!!. Can't even be sure it was really one of her aunts who went, could have been parents' cousin, or even a family friend known as auntie I suppose.
          Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Lol...we all have a bloomin' story don't we.

I searched for ages for my Grandad's sister called 'Cis', she even wrote in on the back of a photo of herself spelt like that.

I looked for Priscilla, Cicely and loads of others, turns out that Grandad was younger than her and couldn't say her name, 'Louise'... so called her 'Sis' for sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do they do it to us?? lol

Good Luck in your research too

Linda

Comment

Working...
            X