Interesting Coloured Photos of the Bombings Wold War 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Coloured Photos of the Bombings Wold War 11

Powerful colour pictures that show the resilience of the British spirit throughout The Blitz have emerged to mark the 70th anniversary of Winston Churchill's 'V for Victory' campaign.

those are beautiful photos. very interesting seeing the buildings. they don't look like the typical coloured photo's from those days, the ones they tinted. wonder how they were done?

Comment

Very interesting photos.

The one of the bus in a crater in Balham was a bit close to home! My mother-in-law was on a train returning to Morden from her job in the West End of London when the bomb landed. She often told us how everyone had to get off the train, although she always thought the bomb had landed at Tooting Broadway, and all the passengers walked home singing to keep their spirits up. My father-in-law had no idea where she was and was waiting at the bus stop for hours for her to come home. They had only been married about a year and he made her give up her job in London after that as he thought it was too dangerous for her to travel up there every day. He felt it was OK for him to still work in London though!
      Last edited by LangleyValeSue; 19-07-12, 07:24.
      My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Very interesting. These photos do bring the devastation to life far more so than the b&w images ever did! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I thought they looked tinted too Kyle ?

Comment

yes, but they were stunning with colour, as already said, they bring it more to life.

Comment

Working...
            X