Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New eyes needed for census search

Can anyone find this family after 1861?

In 1861 census Alexander BALFOUR (occ General Dealer?) aged 54 with wife Margaret 39 (nee HANCOCK) & daughter Jane 10 -all born Ireland, were living in Liverpool,ENG.

On the image it looks like it records Alexander was blind from birth. Alexander & Margaret had other children born in Ireland; Alexander b 1846 & Margaret Matilda b 1849-I don’t know if they survived.

Any help appreciated. (Yes I know they could have gone back to Ireland but I would like to explore all possibilities)

Thanks
    Kerri
    Last edited by Kerri from Aus; 18-07-12, 01:14.

I played with Alexander, Margaret & Alexander jr on Familysearch without success.

One other thought - they could have immigrated out of the England or Ireland. I've been told that many Irish immigrants went to Liverpool before going to the US. But that should have shown up in the familysearch search, also.

Comment

This looks like them in 1871, they are still in Liverpool, with the surname as Belfort, although ages are a bit out.

Piece: 3761 Folio: 68 Page: 9

Comment

Well done! Thanks for finding them in 1871- Alexander is recorded on image as Blind -same as in 1861 census.

Comment

Working...
        X