Thomas POWELL - b 1804 Lamerton Devon - 1851 look-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas POWELL - b 1804 Lamerton Devon - 1851 look-up

In 1841 Thomas Powell, born 1804, Lamerton, Devon was living with his family -wife Mary (b c 1810/5), John (1826), Ann/Hannah (1827), Sophia (1829), and Mary Ann (1836) in Lydford, Devon. All children probably born Lydford although uncertain about John.

I have found Thomas living with Mary Ann in Tavistock in 1861 but can find no trace of any of the family in 1851. I would appreciate any help in tracking them down.

This one looks likely for Thomas, Mary & daughter Mary

Piece: 1883 Folio: 345 Page: 1

Comment

Sophia

Piece: 1879 Folio: 421 Page: 57

Comment

Thanks, Breckland, for your quick responses.

I note the marriage of a Anna Maria Powell,Tavistock district, Sep 1850, which looks as if it could relate. This was the name in which Ann Powell was registered when baptised, although I have yet to make a match to a groom and find them in 1851. This only leaves John, but his premature death must be a possibility.

Comment

Hi
          Out of the possible spouses I think Anna Maria married George Redholes.
          In 1851 George Ridhols has a wife Hannah age 23 born London?
          I can't seem to find them in 1861 & by 1871 George is a widower with a 1 year old son.
          Death of Anna Maria Ridhols age 41 registered qtr 4 1868 Tavistock, Devon.
          Moggie

Comment

Oh piffle -late as usual I just came back to say the same Moggie. Marriage was registered under Redholes but Alfreds birth under Ridholes.
            Here they are in 1851 - http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?h...c=&pid=6787720
            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

In case anyone else is searching this is the family in 1841 (Didn't the enumerator do it well for 1841) - http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?h...=&pid=16178342
              Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thanks, Moggie. Anna's death following child birth would be consistent with the records you have found.

Comment

Working...
                X