Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCAMBLER'S COURT HOTEL, High Street, Annan

Hi
    Can anyone give me any information about Scambler's Court Hotel in High Street, Annan. I visited Annan last year and went to the library, but there was no information at all. My Gt. Gt. Grandfather's second wife died there in 1902. The 1901 Census shows her living there "supported by the parish" so it sounds as if it might have been a place for the poor. Anything you can say regarding where there are likely to be any records of the place would also be appreciated. Surely there must be something somewhere.
    Regards
    Gordon

hi, I found this reference to it

Debbs

Comment

There appears to be a Scrambler's Court, High Street, Annan - but I cannot see a reference to a hotel.
      Have you actually viewed the census page, rather than just the transcription of the census entry - just to confirm that it says hotel.
      Elaine

Comment

I have the death certificate for Margaret Scott who died 18th August 1902 and it just says Scambler's Court. I have not a copy of the actual census, just the transcription. Can you say where off Annan High Street it was, or is. Many thanks for looking.

Comment

I just found Scrambler's Court in the census - I would suggest you look at the actual image of the 1901 census on Scotland's People just to confirm whether or not the word "hotel" actually appears on it!
          Elaine

Comment

I had a few spare credits on Scotland's People -Margaret's address was 2 Scrambler's Court High Street. The Hotel appears further down the census page between 126 and 122 High Street - nothing to do with Margaret Scott.
            Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Working...
            X