occupation help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• occupation help

occupation for Mr A Rose please http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?h...1&pid=31123802
    it does look like Miner but the i is in a funny place and am hoping its not Miner anyway

Sorry to say Val but it does look like Miner to me.

Compare the 'M' in the names Morgan and Mitchell on the sheet and they look the same as in Miner!

Let's hope someone else thinks different!!

Lesley

Comment

thanks Lesley I did sort of think I was hoping against hope.:(

Comment

looks like Miner to me too.. [Gold]?????
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

thanks Julie another lost cause then , you know what I cannot believe I thought I'd found him and his wife in the electoral roles and its not them ??? what are the odds on two Alfred and Hetty Rose's being together right area right time ?
          Never mind I will succeed I will
          Last edited by Guest; 13-07-12, 21:14.

Comment

Couldn't he have been a miner back in Cape Town where he embarked, but changed to a different occupation once he settled in England -plenty of gold or diamond mining in South Africa, not much in England
            Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Thanks for looking Judith but I would be amazed if he did any mining think he thought he was too posh ,but he did travel a bit but as a Merchant, and mostly to Boston Massachusetts. I am trying to find him and wife in 1901 and was hoping maybe they had gone abroad during that time , found him coming back from Boston in 1907 but cannot find him going out ? between his marriage in 1895 in the UK and a son born here in 1904
              He is back here with his wife in 1911

Comment

Could he be a miner in terms of being a mine manager or prospector rather then a mine worker.
                The person filling out the log perhaps was a bit brief and couldn't be bothered to put a full description in.
                ????just thoughts
                herky
                Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

thanks Herky thats an idea

Comment

Working...
                  X