Oh my goodness! moral of story follow your hunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh my goodness! moral of story follow your hunch

I am so excited as today I believe I have found the first wife of the much discussed George Arthur Perry. Older members of the community will no doubt be bored witless by this man, but as you all tried to help with my research in the days of WDYTYA on this site, I thught I would share this information.

Anyway today I thought I would have yet another look and today I came up trumps. Within the Warwickshire parish records was a record for a Perry and Goodall!!! There were no Christian names as the record looks to have been burnt in a fire so this information was missing, but all the other info fits. I then checked on FreeBMD and he married under the name of Arthur.

Yet another marriage under licence, she is a lot older than him and knowing that he was a widower in 1881 I checked Freebmd and she died in 1877. I have sent for the certificate today and will be interested as to whether he registered the death. He has a habit in all other certificates in leaving to someone else.

But the reason for my story is that I should have followed my hunch as I have a lot of articles I found in 19th century papers for an Arthur Perry in Bishops Auckland, that I felt fitterd his profile and have been looking at this ladies death for a long time, but I didn't persue it as she was a lot older.

So now is the time to find all those articles again and pin them to my Great Grandfather, all those hours were not wasted.

Now a new mystery opens. When was he born.
    Census details from 1881onwards suggest he was born in 1853 (Chile)
    Marriage age to 2nd and 3rd wife indicate the same. However his death certificate suggests 1851 and now this marriage cert suggests 1848. However he may have added a few years due to the age difference.

I shall now be busy rechecking those medical men and their children again.
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Lovely when you get a new lead. Good Luck

Linda

Comment

Ah, those burnt records from Warwickshire! I've used some of them too. Many appear to be from Coventry and I guess they were damaged in the war. It is very poignant looking through them.

Just shows it is still possible to succeed even when you have given up hope!

Anne

Comment

Thank you Linda and yes it was Coventry Anne, though what either of them were doing there I do not know.
        Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

what wonderful news Mandy :smilee:

I also have been delving into my tree, after months of nothing.. I recieved today a pdf of some marriages, lo and behold I found a Lydall in it.. so have been chasing them thru the census..
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

It may be Friday 13th, but seems to have been a good day. I'm glad you have found some new info too, Julie. It adds a new zest to research. I really ought to thank Janet in Yorkshire as it was after coming to a dead end with her request that I decided to search gain for my ancestor.
            Bubblebelle x

Comment

thanks, these days my research seems to be in fits and starts, but I do have a bit of a trail to look at now.. I did an initial search and found the family, but is looking like alot of the children never married, it is something to be looking at though, and I do need to verify this marriage via the parish records.
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
              X