Reeve family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reeve family

Wonder if anyone knows J born in the first quarter of 1944 and registered at Surrey North West office? Her father was P (born 1922 in Hendon) and mother S.

Names removed as they may still be living.

Originally posted by Patricia Ashurst View Post
    Wonder if anyone knows J born in the first quarter of 1944 and registered at Surrey North West office? Her father was P (born 1922 in Hendon) and mother S.
    Welcome to the forum but we are not allowed to give names of people who are likely still alive, so unless you know this person is deceased you should remove their name and people can contact you by private message. If they can help.

You might like to say whether you are related and/or why you are looking for the person.

Margaret

Just to reiterate what Margaret said. Caroline

Comment

Wonder if anyone can help with finding the daughter of Peter Anthony Reeve (1922-2002). Peter was born in Hendon, Middlesex and married in early 1943. In early 1944 a daughter was born and was registered at the Surrey North West office. (I do know the name of the daughter and Peter's wife but I not sure if they still alive, so cannot state their names). Peter was divorced about 5/6 years later and married Lilian Rose Cook (1922-2004) in Feb 1951. I am their daughter. I have only just found out that I may have an older step-sister...which is a bit of a surprise! If you can help, please send a private message.

Comment

I have sent you a PM for details in case I can help. Further questions - do you know if Peter's wife went on to marry again, did she stay in Surrey and do you have the daughter's birth certificate.

Margaret

Comment

I have tried to find out if S married again but nothing is coming up as yet...I've tried using the surname Reeve and also her maiden name Hobson. Birth Certificate for J won't arrive from the GRO for another week. Hey ho
          Last edited by Caroline; 14-07-12, 09:52. Reason: Edited names

Comment

Originally posted by Patricia Ashurst View Post
            I have tried to find out if S****** married again but nothing is coming up as yet...I've tried using the surname Reeve and also her maiden name Hobson. Birth Certificate for J***** won't arrive from the GRO for another week. Hey ho
            Have amended your post in my quote as the names can identify a person who may still be alive.

It is of course possible that S**** lived with someone whose name she took without marrying. Have you looked for a death for her?

I'll have a look on the electoral register for her in all three names we now have.

Margaret

Comment

Many thanks. Also she may have moved to another part of the country, which is going to entail more digging around

Comment

I have sent a message to the person on ancestry with J***** in his tree, giving your email address for him to contact you direct.

Margaret

Comment

Thanks for that..let's hope we get somewhere!

Comment

Nothing obvious showing for S**** on the electoral registers and of course if she has died since 2006 then we won't see her on the death index either.

Fingers crossed Alan keeps up to date with his emails and ancestry sub!

Margaret

Comment

Sorry folks....just had copy of Birth Cert for J***** and although the surnames of her parents are Reeve and Hobson the first names are not what I was expecting. Peter Anthony Reeve (1922-2002) is not the father. Ah well...more research needed I suspect.

Comment

Oh heck! Have you got the first marriage certificate for Peter?

What made you think there was a child from the marriage?

Margaret

Comment

There don't appear to be any other Reeve/Hobson birth in the time frame you have given for the marriage. Perhaps they didn't have any children.

Margaret

Comment

It's my guess that on the birth cert you have the mother is this one who died in 1945? Dorothy F E M Reeve?
                            I think the other marriage possibly produced 4 children including J. I can't see any other children for your couple either if J isn't one.
                            Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 16-07-12, 12:19.
                            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Working...
                            X