anybody find this couple in 1901

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody find this couple in 1901

Hyam David Guttentag born 1861 in Whitechapel wife Harriet born 1871 Isle Abbotts Somerset they married in 1895 in Hackney he calling himself Hyam ROSE .

Hyam used the name Alfred ROSE for much of his life
    and sometimes George Guthrie

Have Alfred arriving back in Liverpool from Boston Massachusetts 23 May 1907 Harriet does not appear to be with him ?

They had a Son Frederick Robert Rose in 1904 Dalston

1911 they are living in 192 Grove Road Bethnal Green
    Hyam Rose
    Hettie Rose
    Frederick Rose

I have now found Alfred and Harriet calling herself (Hetty) ROSE living in 8 Steven Street Bermondsey in 1928 on the Electoral role but cannot find them after this yet

any help please I am also trying to find Hyam/Alfred and Harriets deaths.

I know Alfred travelled quite a bit to Boston Massachusetts his first wife died there and one of his daughters to his first wife was born there.
    Last edited by Guest; 11-07-12, 11:33.

Did they have any kids before Fred Val?

Comment

Thanks for looking Heather these are the last two Guttentags I need to find then I would be so happy, have found all the others now.

Seems they only had one child between them but Hyam did have two daughters with his first wife Rebecca who died in 1890 in Boston Massachusetts.

Miriam Guttentag born 1883 in Stoke Newington and

Annie Rose born 1886 in Boston Massachusetts

Cannot find Mirian at all after her Birth ?
      Annie is in Boston in 1890 then she arrives here by Ship in 1894 without her parents and is with her Grandparents in 1901 here http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...26pgPLz0q3dpid
      then she too disappears

Comment

I can't see much of anything Val... it doesn't help when they keep swapping names.. :smilee:
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

am editing this as I forgot to mention sometimes he calls himself George Guthrie ??

I have now found Alfred and Harriet calling herself (Hetty) ROSE living in 8 Steven Street Bermondsey in 1928 on the Electoral role but cannot find them after this yet

Comment

Oh well done Val. Blimey, its a wonder they knew what to call each other

Comment

This lot have been the bane of my life Heather ,what with the name changes and lies ,but with a lot of perserverance have managed to find all their births marriages deaths childrens births etc etc ,only need to find this couple hopefully in 1901 and their deaths
              oh and their Mothers Birth another mystery.

Shame none of the people (and there aren't many) who are researching them know less than me .

Comment

I had a go searching all Hetties, Hatties and Harietts with likely spouse Val, as I guess you have, but no luck.

Comment

I did wonder if they died abroad ?

Comment

Originally posted by Heather Positive Thinker View Post
                    I had a go searching all Hetties, Hatties and Harietts with likely spouse Val, as I guess you have, but no luck.
                    What about Hester?
                    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

hadn't thought of Hester Uncle John as she seems to have used Hettie or Hetty mostly ? but will definitely look at that thanks

Comment

can somebody tell me if they think this one is likely Hetty Rose died Mar Quarter 1938 in Edmonton aged 64 ? she does give her year of Birth as 1874 in 1911
                        Any ideas of finding if she did live in Edmonton around that time

Comment

Working...
                        X