• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Free Credits for Scotlands People

This offer is current:

If you sign up for the newsletter they send a code for 10 free credits

Debbs

Seems a good idea for new users - but when I clicked on your link I only got a blank page!
    Shirley

Comment

I take that back - it worked on the third attempt!

Comment

Thanks for that Debbs. Very useful as I had just run out of SP credits! Rarely need them but like to have some there in case I do!
        Elaine

Comment

Most welcome!

Comment

Thanks Debbss!

Comment

awesome and useful, thanx!

Comment

Bear in mind that if you have any expired credits on SP, getting these free ones will also reactivate the expired ones.

Comment

Thanks Debbss

Linda

Comment

Thanks very much have joined the newsletter. much appreciated.
                    Angelina

Comment

I got the 10 credits..................but how do I look up the 1911 cenus.

I am trying to find
                      James John Douglas Laidlow Davidson born 1894 Selkirk Scotland

Comment

Where it says Census Records in the left-hand column, click on 1911.

Comment

Am I missing something...........where do I put in place of birth?

Comment

[QUOTE=Nickee;2385864]Am I missing something...........where do I put in place of birth?[/QUOTE

You can't - their search form doesn't allow that. To be honest I use SP daily and love the site but the censuses are difficult.
                            With all the other censuses I search on other sites first and if I have to see the actual image I then go to SP - saves a lot of money.
                            However as the 1911 Scottish census is not on any other site you can't do that. If you have common names it might be difficult to narrow down.
                            Remember to use the second name option but again if common names etc it is not always much help.
                            If any other sibling or parent member has an unusual name you could use that.
                            Last edited by herky; 10-07-12, 08:16.
                            herky
                            Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Thank you Herky...............I might just have to put him in the too hard basket for now.

He was orphaned at 1 year old.....and was illegitmate.......and I could not find him on the 1901 census....so I have no idea who brought him up.

Comment

Do you have a death or marriage?
                                Informants, witnesses sometimes help.
                                herky
                                Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Working...
                                X