Geneive Augusta Pratt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geneive Augusta Pratt

Can anyone help me please to locate Geneive Augusta Pratt? She was born in about 1868 in Faversham, Kent, to Caleb Pratt (brother of my g-g-grandfather) and his wife Sarah. I've got her on the 1871 Census living in Aldershot but after that she seems to have disappeared, along with her parents.!

I have limited access (UK only) to the Ancestry website and wonder whether someone could look for her in the 1910 and 1920 US Federal Census as there was an indication on the 1871 British Census page I looked at that she might be there. Her father's occupation is a Watchmaker and Jeweller. Thanks for reading and hope someone can help x

There is a Caleb Pratt, watchmaker aged 25 on his way yo USA in 1872.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Could this be them in 1910?

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.
      Elaine

Comment

1880 US census
        Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.
        Elaine

Comment

Caleb Pratt - passenger list
          Elaine

Comment

Then in 1881 the family are in New York.
            I will transcribe in a sec. but a bit confused as it has Caleb as watchmaker but no wife called Sarah.
            Let me do the transcription and you can decide if I have the wrong family.
            Sorry - Elaine has given the same before me.
            Last edited by herky; 03-07-12, 14:23.
            herky
            Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Genive in 1900 census

- can't see Caleb.
              Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                sorry Elaine I can't get your link to work....

Comment

looks like it but I can't get a long enough look at the page before it screws up, and switches to main page

Comment

Yes I would say that's him, thanks Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Alleycat View Post
                      looks like it but I can't get a long enough look at the page before it screws up, and switches to main page
                      Does this link to the search boxes work

if so - put in Caleb Pratt and the census is the first entry
                      Elaine

Comment

as soon as I click on the link it reverts to home page after a quick glimpse of the information - but yes that seems to be Caleb.

Comment

Originally posted by Alleycat View Post
                          as soon as I click on the link it reverts to home page after a quick glimpse of the information - but yes that seems to be Caleb.
                          How strange! Does it happen on all of Family Search, or just the link I have given. Have you tried another browser?
                          Elaine

Comment

Working...
                          X