Will and or grant of probate ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will and or grant of probate ?

I am sending for the wills of a few people and not quite clear do I want the Grant of probate too ? and if I do is that another £6 ?
    Thanks

I think (from memory) the grant of probate is just a sheet detailing the date probate was granted and to whom. This could be important, for example, if one of the executors had died before the testator died.

I don't think it costs any different to have that sheet too (again from memory)

EDIT: just remembered I never fill in a form ... I just write a letter detailing the exact entry in the Probate Calendar. They have always sent the grant of probate sheet as well.

Anne
    Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 03-07-12, 12:37.

Comment

thanks Anne but I dont have the exact entry in the probate calender where do I find that ??

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
        thanks Anne but I dont have the exact entry in the probate calender where do I find that ??
        Depending on the year it might be on ancestry Probate List otherwise if you just give date of death they automatically search up to 5 years after. Give them as much detail as you can about the death so they know where to look.

Margaret

Comment

thanks Margaret they are too recent for Ancestry will send off today

Comment

Working...
          X