living people help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• living people help please

i have 2 of my gran's cousins i'm trying to trace and have nothing beyong birth references for. no marriages, no deaths.

one was b.1918, his 'father' came home from the war to find his wife with a babe in arms.....he promptly divorced mum, and i she married the baby's biological father the next year. so i don't know which name this child used.

the other was b.1928, and my gran has memories of him, he is possibly still alive?

so are phone books my best bet?

what area are we talking about Kyle ?

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
      one was b.1918, his 'father' came home from the war to find his wife with a babe in arms.....he promptly divorced mum, and i she married the baby's biological father the next year. so i don't know which name this child used.
      The child would (should) have been registered with the mother's married name (and possibly also the surname of the biological father). There might be a later name change, but the original index entry should still be there.
      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

hi uncle john,

the birth was registered as a child of the marriage. the divorce papers filed by the husband proved the child was not his, and included the birth cert. the mother married the baby's father the year after the divorce was finalised and had 2 more children. i just found it in the indexes, and there is no evidence it was reregistered. so i can't tell if he used the married name he was born under, or his father's name when the real parents married.

hi val,

the area is redcar for the illegitimate birth. the parents then moved to pontypridd and married there in 1922. the 1927 birth was auckland, and they lived in darlington and durham.

Comment

If you have some names that you would like to send me on PM then I will look up the electoral registers for you.
          Margaret

Comment

thanx margaret and chrissie ahve pm'd you both.

Comment

Working...
            X