Any help please for finding an Irish Wedding or Death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any help please for finding an Irish Wedding or Death

I wonder if anybody can advise me as to where to look? would like to find her marriage or death .
    Have a May Kate Keegan born 9 Apr 1891 in Cork have her in 1901 and 1911 in Cork ,what I wondered was if she had got married would she have used her full names or maybe just Mary Keegan ?? as her Sister Bridget called herself Josephine on her marriage ,and I understand the Irish are prone to do that?

i havn't had any luck with irish records after 1911. they don't seem to have released those indexes. i have heard members here have aunts doing that, changing their names.

Comment

There are indexes for Irish marriages after 1911 - I looked up one yesterday for 1943. They go from 1845 to 1958.
      Let me see.............I did a search for a Mary for 1920 plus or minus 10 years so from 1910 to 1930.
      There are lots of Mary KEEGANs but only the following Mary Kate KEEGANs-
      1912 in Longford
      1915 in Bailinsloe
      1920 in Carrick on Shannon
      1925 in Swineford
      1927 in Boyle
      Do any of these places rind a bell or do you know the husband's mae?
      Last edited by herky; 02-07-12, 12:10. Reason: Error on name
      herky
      Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

ooh Herky thanks for looking but the surname is Keegan not Keenan? and no I dont know who she married thats if she did ?
        Thanks Kyle thats what I thought.

Comment

Sorry Val - the results are for KEEGAN - just my silly mistake when replying.
          I will edit my last post.
          Last edited by herky; 02-07-12, 12:57.
          herky
          Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

I'm useless with Irish place names Herky are any of those near Cork ? thanks

Comment

Herky doesn't say - but for those looking for these indexes they are on Family Search

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Their research wiki

Comment

Just checking the maps -
                BALLINASLOE - long way from Cork, nearly 3 hours by car
                LONGFORD - 3 1/2 hour drive from Cork
                CARRICK - 6 hours away - not looking good!
                SWINEFORD - nearly 4 hours
                BOYLE - nearly 4 hours
                That is if googlemaps and myself are getting it correct.
                I wonder if she died?
                Plus if she just used the name Mary or Kate then the numbers are huge.
                herky

Comment

thanks ever so much Sue and Herky, it is possible she died as two other siblings did.

Comment

Working...
                  X