Canadian census: Help needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian census: Help needed please

Hello folks, I am helping a friend with her family tree & I have fallen at the 1st hurdle....

Ethel Agnes Rayner b 10/02/1910 in Canada ( which is why they are not on our 1911 Census of course.) Her parents were Frederick & Alice Rayner. Now they must have returned to the UK at some point but I do not have access to any records to confirm this. The assumption is they were in Quebec...help! Any sightings or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Many thanks Margaret.
    Last edited by skylark; 30-06-12, 23:37.
    Family Names : HALE, GREEN, BROUGH, HARRIS, FARMER, REEVES, MINCHIN, CORNISH, WARD.

suppose you found her death in England ?

Comment

aha they came back here 18th sept 1914 to Liverpool from Quebec

Comment

Yes my friend has that info, she remembers her well. But it is the date Ethel came back into England that is eluding us ( I only have the basic access to Ancestry records).

Regards, Margaret.
        Family Names : HALE, GREEN, BROUGH, HARRIS, FARMER, REEVES, MINCHIN, CORNISH, WARD.

Comment

Brilliant! You will be given all the credit for that info !!! Was it just the 3 of them may I ask? And does it name the ship??

Many Thanks for your help.
          Margaret.

Comment

The Ship was The Lake Manitoba
            Frederick Labourer age 41
            Alice 42
            Ernest 11
            Ethel 4

Comment

have pmd you

Comment

Received & appreciated.! My friend will be over the moon!!

Thank you doesn't really cover it..but THANK YOU.

Margaret.

Comment

your very welcome

Comment

In case you did not find the following It looks like Ethel's parents were living at 29 Ontario Street, Kingston, Ontario in 1910. The 1911 census says that they emigrated to Canada in 1902 and were still living in Kingston Ont. Her brother Ernest was born Oct 1901. Alice was born July 1872
                    Donelda

searching for the Berkshire Hobbises, Rowles, Staniford, Rogers, Parkers, Thackhams, Gouts, LeBouviers, Heaphys and Wilsons

Comment

Is there any indication they left family in Canada? I have no idea how common the name is but my husband has an uncle Eric Rayner (abt 1930-2010). His obit says only that he was predeceased by his parents & 8 siblings.
                      Last edited by Prairie Chicken; 01-07-12, 12:26.

Comment

Thank you for this extra info, Nelde, very useful indeed.

Sadly as this is not my family I cannot tell you about any family members left in Canada...but given the ages of their children it is not very likely that they left anyone behind.

Thank you once again for all this info.

Margaret.

Comment

Working...
                        X