New York passenger lists look up. please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York passenger lists look up. please

I'm searching for a sailing for Thomas Boulter (or variant) born c1817.

When census was taken 5 Apr 1891, he was recorded in Bridgend, Wales, along with his wife and one of his sons & family. His wife Ann must have died very soon after census night, for she was buried in Wales 15 Apr 1891.
    It now seems that Thomas went to New York state (to live with or to visit) his eldest son and that he died there on 5 Jan 1892 and was subsequently buried in the local cemetery.
    The eldest son & family had sailed to Quebec in 1884, moving on to NY state the following year.
    Another son & family had sailed to NY in 1889, eventually moving on to Chicago, but date of this unknown.

So, it would seem very likely that Thomas travelled between May and December1891.

I've looked at the NY passenger list index and that seems to include some possibilities for a Thomas/Thos Boulter/Bulter born 1817 sailing Liverpool to NY in 1891 - but I can't access the precise dates.
    Alternatively,I suppose Thomas could have headed firstly for Chicago, arriving at a different port, rather than NY.

Can anyone help, please?

Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Still looking for him in the passenger records.

There is a public tree on Ancestry with photos for him if he married Ann Fursman. Is it your tree?
    Doesn't say when he went to America though.
    Last edited by LangleyValeSue; 28-06-12, 15:14.
    My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Thanks for looking, Sue.

There are several trees for Thomas on Ancestry (one very accurate and others not so good) but I don't have a tree on there myself.

Jay
      Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

An aside, which may be of use to someone!

I have been able to access the images of interments at the cemetery where he was buried. Age, place of death and cause of death are recorded, as well as name & date of burial. ITS FREE.

(Thomas died of pneumonia, aged 74yrs; his daughter-in-law aged 49 died in the county asylum of chronic insanity:()

Not all cemetery records in the county of Monroe NY are accessible, but all are listed here
        This page lists all cemetreies in Monroe Co., NY and links to the many records that are on-line.

Jay
        Last edited by Janet in Yorkshire; 28-06-12, 17:04.
        Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

Working...
        X