ancestry private trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ancestry private trees

can you still look for matches in private trees to message people? there's a family i want to message about, but the public tree is gone, and i can't figure out how to find the people in a private tree.

any ideas?

kylejustin

I think so - there is a little orange box with contact and the name of the tree owner - when you do a search for an individual and it comes up as a private tree
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

yes you can still contact them ,you can put the person who you both have in your tree in the search

Comment

Ancestry has two flavors of private:
        1) the tree's members remain indexed for searching; if a private tree shows up in a search, click on it, and that will take you to the orange box, and you can click on that.

2) the tree is totally un-indexed; no member of the tree will appear when a search matches him/her.

If you previously had a tree match but nothing now appears, I would suspect the latter. If you can remember the AncestryID you could still contact that member by the member connect

Comment

thanx guys. so if i have the user name i can message that way.

Comment

yes you can

Comment

Working...
            X