Still at it! - Alexander MacIntyre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still at it! - Alexander MacIntyre

Hey there guys! Long time no post, been caught up in school and exams but they're over now so I can get back to my genealogy.

Alright so as of yet I still haven't found ANYTHING more on Alexander. To keep you up to speed I have him last living at 3103 14th avenue Kenosha, Wisconsin.

This was provided by someone (can't remember who - sorry)
    1931 - Macintyre Alex M (Agnes) winder h3103 14th av
    1933 - McIntyre Alex mach adjuster Allen-A Co r1626 60th
    1935 - McIntyre Alex r1626 60th

I checked the 1940 census for Wisconsin and there's not MacIntyre living at 1626 60th street so.. no luck on that front.

Then Agnes and Alexander's son come back over to Scotland in 1931 where she lived until she died in 1969 and Walter died in 1998. However, I've tracked down Walter's wife and have a letter sent out to her and waiting on a reply. In the mean time if anyone could help me to try to solve the mystery set by Alex then it'd be great. Here's his info:

Name: Alexander MacNeil MacIntyre
    Born: 31st January 1893 in Sourley Toll, Irvine, Ayrshire, Scotland

Spouse: Agnes Ferguson MacIntyre (Nee Weir)
    Born:14th February 1899 in Muirkirk, Ayrshire, Scotland

Child: Walter MacNeil MacIntyre
    Born 28th November 1930 in Kenosha, Wisconsin

Any help would be brilliant,

Regards,
    David

P.s Here's a picture of Alex.

hello David,

I am abit confused as to exactly WHO came back to Scotland in 1931. Do you mean Agnes & Walter came back? or just Walter?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

there is this burial on findagrave

though it gives a wife of Ethel.. maybe he remarried?
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi there, It was Agnes and Wlater who came back.. Also, I don't think that'd be him.. There's loads of Alexander MacIntyre's.

Comment

Originally posted by David Nisbet View Post
          ...To keep you up to speed I have him last living at 3103 14th avenue Kenosha, Wisconsin.

I checked the 1940 census for Wisconsin and there's not MacIntyre living at 1626 60th street so.. no luck on that front.
          Agreed that they probably won't show up in the 1940, but Wisconsin is only 60% indexed for name search on familysearch and I don't think it's on ancestry as yet, and neither has fully indexed the full US 1940, SO the MacIntyres could still show up.

I think familysearch is predicting the end of August for the full US 1940 to be name searchable, which is at least a month ahead of schedule. I think it may happen as soon as the end of July.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post
            Agreed that they probably won't show up in the 1940, but Wisconsin is only 60% indexed for name search on familysearch and I don't think it's on ancestry as yet, and neither has fully indexed the full US 1940, SO the MacIntyres could still show up.

I think familysearch is predicting the end of August for the full US 1940 to be name searchable, which is at least a month ahead of schedule. I think it may happen as soon as the end of July.
            Well, Agnes and Walter wouldn't show up as they'd be in Scotland.

Comment

Well, Agnes and Walter wouldn't show up as they'd be in Scotland.
              I'm confused. Who were you looking for in the 1940?

Comment

I'm confused. Who were you looking for in the 1940?
                Alexander... I posted directory things for him in the original post..

Comment

So, we still need to wait for the complete 1940 indexing before giving up on him. He may be hard to uniquely identify if he's a solo entry on the census.

Comment

So, we still need to wait for the complete 1940 indexing before giving up on him. He may be hard to uniquely identify if he's a solo entry on the census.
                    That is of course if he lived until 1940..

Comment

Working...
                    X