wells from sheffield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wells from sheffield

i trying to work out the parents of mabel wells born in 1898 and robert wells 1900 in 1901 they are living in sheffield with there grandparents george wells is the head of the house.
    im sort on funds at the moment so i cant get there birth cert any ideas how i can find this out
    thanking you
    jay

I suppose you just hazzard a guess as to which dau they belong to then.
    1891 doesn't seem to add anything
    1911 they are still grandchildren to George ~& sarah
    Jess

Comment

Findmypast have just added a collection of Sheffield parish registers - worth checking
      Trace your ancestry and build a family tree by researching extensive birth records, census data, obituaries and more - over 5 billion records - start today!
      Elaine

Comment

There is someone on Genes Reunited called Angela that has Mabel Wells (b1898 Sheffield) and Robert Wells (b1900 Sheffield) in their tree.
        If you don't have a subscription to GR then maybe someone could make contact for you - unless of course you are already in touch with Angela and are both seeking the same information!
        Elaine

Comment

I think you will find that Mabel was actually registered in 1897 under Ecclesall B, the same area as Robert. Mabel Wells - Oct-Dec 1897 - Ecclesall B. (B stand for Bierlow) ref 9c 376.
          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Iv have sent angela a note some timeago and I'm still waiting Iv tryed matching up with george and Sarah older girls but I can only match them up this the oldest girl living with them
            thank you all with your help

Comment

I think you can discount George and Sarah's daughter Amy as the mother of the children. She married James Keal in 1900 Q2 9c 736 and Robert wasn't born until 1900 Q4, plus in the 1901 census James and Amy are living in Lincolnshire with daughter Edith born 1900/1901.

I have to go out now but there are two more possibilities within the immediate family who could be the mother or father , Henry Wells b1877 and sister Lily b1879. Will have a look later to see what they are up to in the 1901 census so we can at least discount them or see them as possibilities.

Comment

Well I have been trying to follow Henry and Lily but unfortunately Wells is a very common surname especially in Yorkshire. I have found a Henry Wells marrying a Mary Ann Wells in Doncaster, there is a Henry Wells b1877 Sheffield and a Mary Ann who live in Austerfield, Yorkshire in the 1901 census.

I have also found a Lily Wells living in Leeds with Elizabeth Kershaw a widow who calls Lily her niece. So there is a Lily b1879 Sheffield who is not married in 1901 but it may not be 'your' Lily. Sadly I think the only way you can be sure who the parents are of Mabel and Robert is to get one of their birth certs when you can.

Comment

Working...
                X