Is this Agnes ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this Agnes ?

Agnes Webb born 1884 Walthamstowe was living with John Rose as his wife from around 1903 have never found a marriage but he was Jewish.
    He died in 1930 in Walthamstowe ,probate leaves his estate to his Widow Agnes Rose.
    The only likely death for her is a Agnes Webb born abt 1884 dies in Hackney in 1963, they did live in Hackney for some years early on .
    Woud you say the odds on it being her is high ?
    Thanks

There's a probate entry for what looks like that one - of 5 Regent Court Pownall Road Shoreditch, died 7th Dec 1963. Says she was a widow, administration to Alfred John Webb, warehouseman.

I would have thought that she would have kept the name Rose if she was saying she was a widow (particularly if there were children). Does Alfred John Webb mean anything to you?
    Jackie

Comment

hi Jackie she did have a Brother Alfred ? but would have thought she would have left hers to her children ? I hadn't spotted that probate record ? maybe I should rule her out then ? thanks for your help

Comment

Have you ruled out Agnes ROSE died Q4 1966 aged 82 in Rochford, Essex? I'd have thought it more likely for her to move further out from London than to return to Hackney
        Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

ooh Judith I hadn't seen that one ? dont know how I missed it thanks, how far is that from Walthamstowe?

Comment

About 35 miles. Rochford district included Southend on Sea which would be a fairly popular destination for people from Walthamstow area.
            Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
              hi Jackie she did have a Brother Alfred ? but would have thought she would have left hers to her children ? I hadn't spotted that probate record ? maybe I should rule her out then ? thanks for your help
              Alfred was granted administration of the estate - that just means that he agreed to sort it all out, not necessarily that he got all the money. I still don't think its likely to be your Agnes though.

Judith's one looks interesting
              Jackie

Comment

thanks very much Judith and Jackie that does make sense.

Comment

Thanks Judith you were right she did die in Rochford

Comment

Working...
                  X