X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Dead'Pubs

Just spent ages browing through this...and found Great Grandad

Linda

Brilliant site isn't it? I sent Kevan some photos for it for my local area and some census details a while back, he has done a grand job.

Every time we find a new pub in the family we try to visit and have found some gems like the Camden Arms (now renamed the Colonel Fawcett after the last man to be killed in a duel who died there) and the downright scuzzy (no names, one visit was enough)

Comment

Great isn't it Jill. Found Great Grandfather on there as a proprietor of a pub in Brighton under the old name but with the address, so now know the name that the pub now trades under and got up photos on Google

Lots of other interesting facts as well

Linda

Comment

Thanks for this link. There is a lot of info that will be very useful to my research.

'The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.' Bertrand Russel.

Comment

Oh if only it had Nottinghamshire in it. I want to know the name of the landlord of 'The Old Corner Pin' in Nottingham in about 1925.
          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

It's worth bookmarking this site for Midlands pubs:

They don't have much on Notts yet, but they seem to add new stuff every so often.

Comment

Thank you Mary I will look in from time to time but they only appear to have Cropwell Bishop and Cropwell Butler yet.
              Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Loopy Linda in La La Land View Post
                Great isn't it Jill. Found Great Grandfather on there as a proprietor of a pub in Brighton under the old name but with the address, so now know the name that the pub now trades under and got up photos on Google

Lots of other interesting facts as well

Linda
                That's spooky, just got in from a trip to Brighton - which pub Linda? We go at there at least once a month and always have a pub lunch so might be able to get some photos.

Comment

What a super site. Just found husband's G Grandfather and a 2XG Grandfather on my mother's line as well as a 3XG Grandfather on my father's line

Comment

Would be great if he could go on a further 10-20 years. My nan and grandad owned pubs from time of marriage in the late 1950's until they retired in the early 90's. I know which pubs they ran but would be lovely to see their names
                    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

Working...
                    X