Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've lost a family

A bit careless I know.

John Henry Booth, born 1881 in Derby, married Leah Dunn in Manchester, jun Q 1902. According to my records, they had 3 children, Fred, 1903, Doris 1905 and Florence 1908, all born Manchester. However I cannot find them on the 1911.

Can anyone see them anywhere?
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

found them........ they spelt Leah Leih........ born 1882

living 157 Phillips Park Road, Beswick Manchester.

five children born alive, 3 living, 2 died.
    Last edited by Janet H.; 21-06-12, 18:56. Reason: more info

Comment

Thanks Janet - I was beginning to think I'd dreamt them or something.

I think I need a break and a glass of wine now!
      Linda

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
          A bit careless I know.

John Henry Booth, born 1881 in Derby, married Leah Dunn in Manchester, jun Q 1902. According to my records, they had 3 children, Fred, 1903, Doris 1905 and Florence 1908, all born Manchester. However I cannot find them on the 1911.

Can anyone see them anywhere?
          That marriage shows up on Lancashire BMD as being at St. Jude, Manchester. The MMN info doesn't seem to have reached the possible birth records, tho'

Christine
          Last edited by Christine in Herts; 22-06-12, 22:17.
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks Christine, I'll add that info in.
            Linda

Comment

I keep http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/ as one of my Bookmarks, and find my way to the Local BMD sites via the left-hand menu on the Home page. LancsBMD is one of the list.

If you're using the site, be aware that the alpha-sort starts again when it reaches the end of the Regions that share software and can be searched simultaneously, and they start on the ones that use something different.

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
              X