Why only E Bay ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why only E Bay ?

Good morning ...for the last 2 days, whenever I go on e-bay , I am bombarded with a site called Security Shield , telling me my PC is at risk, and I must safeguard my PC against this problem ...they want money and will NOT let me use the e-bay site at all...I actually have to turn my laptop off to get Security Shield off my pc...strangely , this site seems to come from Microsoft....has anyone any idea as to how I can banish this Security Shield off my page ....it doesn`t happen on any other site except E-Bay
    thanks
    allan
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

you have not clicked on anything have you ?? I have put a query on the ebay technical forum for you, will let you know

Comment

You have been infected by a rouge virus.
      One of its instructions is to send you to a fake page and It puts up a FALSE claim that you need to download software to clean your system and charges you
      DO NOT DO THIS!

There are many 'programs'/downloads that clim to be a fix, but a lot are again fake and actually infect you more

You need to go to this site (It is completely safe)
      Security Shield is a computer infection from the same family as MS Removal Tool. This program is a long running infection that was first seen in 2010 when it was simply called Security Shield. In 2011 it changed its name to Security Shield 2011 and it is now called Security Shield 2012. Security Shield 2012 is categorized as a rogue anti-spyware program as it pretends to be an anti-virus program, but is actually a program that displays fake security alerts and scan results in order to make you think your computer is infected. Security Shield is installed through the use of malware that will install the program onto your computer without your knowledge or permission. When installed, the infection files will be created in a random named folder in c:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Application Data\, in XP, or C:\Users\\AppData\Local\, in Windows Vista and Windows 7. It will then be configured to start automatically when you login to your computer.

Where you will get full information about the virus and how to remove it
      PRINT OUT the instructions, so that yoiu can carefully read and folow them

Trev

Researching:
      FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

yes Trevor is right that was the answer on Ebay too

Comment

Thank you both very much....I will do that in the morning when they`re all still in bed ...busy laptop of an evening ....once again, thanks.....allan
          Update ...5-30 am for 2 hours - and again 12-30 until 1430 ...it won`t let me download R.Kill because of the virus....I will have to go to the library tomorrow and download R.Kill onto a stick , and then insert the stick into the infected laptop to download R.Kill....as a matter of interest , do you know where I picked this virus up ?...was it off e-bay ?...and if so , why didn`t my security pick it up ?
          thanks
          allan
          Last edited by garstonite; 21-06-12, 14:49.
          Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

Just a line to say thank you very much for the info...The virus is now gone ...and I have joined that site bleepingcomputer.com ....looks to be a great site for thickos like me ....I have needed a site like that for 9 years ...lol
            thanx again....allan

Comment

glad you sorted it

Comment

Make sure that you have downloaded and installed MalwareBytes
                It is NOT a program that runs all the time, only when you tell it to scan
                BUT.................... If you do pay the small fee to register it, the program does run in the background all the time and will block sites and activities that would infect you with this type of spyware.
                A small price to pay for protection that standard Anti-virus applications do not give you.

Trev

Researching:
                FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Working...
                X