Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with Irish certificates, please.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Irish certificates, please.....

I have found, on Family Search, details of my mother's birth certificate and what is probably the death certificate of her grandmother.
    These details include location, year, quarter and name together with volume and page (just like the details needed for UK certificates). However, I do not know how to apply for these certs as the Irish site asks for specific dates and exact locations. When I tried to apply online for the death certificate I could only select a year after 1924 (I needed 1912) and the address where the death took place (I only know it was in Dundalk). When I downloaded the application form, for postal application, there was no place for the volume or page details.
    Please can someone help?
    Shirley

I ordeerd a couple of certs recently - death dates 1896 and 1878.
    The form did ask for exact date of death but I left blank and still got the certs.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

I did the same - I don't think the form is very well designed for the sort of applications we researchers are making but I'm sure if you give the reference details that is enough. I phoned an order in once and that was very quick and simple and you know right away whether they are going to issue it or not from the details that you are able to give.
      Margaret

Comment

Working...
      X