Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry search problems

Hi

if i search via an actual person in my tree i come up with almost a million hits, however when i search via the main search page i only come up with 9 hits and as FTM uses this search facility its really not helping my research very much. Is there something wrong with it or what im doing??
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Do you have exact matches ticked on one and not on the other?
    Are you restricting the results "Only show results from the UK and Ireland" on one but not on the other?
    Elaine

Comment

no both are almost exactly the same, no exact ticked and its selected that UK is the priority but i have it unticked that it is only the UK. Almost everything is exactly the same except that when it searches through from my tree the search also has siblings, children etc whereas the main search doesnt
      Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

Sorry Robyne, no real idea why you get different results. To be honest I don't like the websearch from FTM or an Ancestry tree, much prefer to search from the Ancestry main search page - I think you get far better results in that they are more ordered rather than long lists of 100s of records that you have to sift through to see if anything is useful.
        Elaine

Comment

Maybe the search from the Ancestry tree uses the new search instead of the old one?

Comment

Working...
          X