FTM Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM Query

Hi, I have been using FTM and Ancestry on my old laptop, which has died a death. I purchased a new laptop yesterday.
    I have loaded the FTM disc, all good.

However my tree doesnt actually show up?

In the list of trees synced, on the 'New Tree' page, my tree is there but says 'No Action Avaialble', but its not in the list, top right hand corner, of Trees available

Do I have to 'Unlink' it on the Old laptop and then re-link it on the New one? My worry with that is the little warning that comes up that says 'are you sure you want to perform this action as it cannot be undone'

Help please!

Many thanks

Debbss

if I was you I'd save the tree to a flash drive or something then do it ., at least then you will have a copy.

Comment

Thanks Val.
      FTM actually tells fibs!
      I have a 'dummy' tree that I set up when I first got FTM, to test run with.
      So I 'unlinked' that one, then re-linked it, and it worked fine!
      So I took the plunge, after a back-up, and did it with my main tree, and its all fine!
      Phew!
      I was a bit nervous though Lol!

Comment

Just to update for anyone else with the same issue....some people are now missing from my tree, which isn't a problem if I know who they are, the worry is how many are missing that I dont know about?

Comment

are you talking about FTM? or Ancestry ?

Comment

Both really as I synced the the tree from Ancestry once I had uploaded FTM onto the new laptop

Comment

Working...
            X