Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry New Records Update

Hi

couldnt see it on here so just to let you know that Ancestry have put up a load of Dorset Criminal records which include some photographs if you are very lucky!
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

OH's line originates from Dorset - will be interesting to see if I find anything! :D
    Elaine

Comment

I really should be doing something else which involves me moving away from the computer but couldn't resist a look.
      Some real gems there - a great set of records.

Link for anyone who needs it:
      Elaine

Comment

i dont have anyone from Dorset which is a bummer
        Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

Found OH's 4x GGfather and 5x GGfather, plus countless cousins, aunts and uncles, all from the same family!
          Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

How fantastic Linda.........I'm waiting for more Hertfordshire records

Linda

Comment

Oh, I havent got any Dorset people. Mind you, I spose they dont have to have been born in Dorset, just convicted there.........

Comment

I'm still plugging through the latest batch of National Probate Calendar. Lots of useful corroborative info. emerging.
                Last edited by Uncle John; 14-06-12, 19:01.
                Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

The Transportation records have not been indexed properly. They seem to have used the name of one of the presiding magistrates, which explains why one distant cousin was transported 7 times in 8 years. Need to trawl through each record to find the prisoners names. I haven't looked at all the records yet though.
                  Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Working...
                  X