Currier or Carrier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it is Currier.

Did she have a sister Lydia - marries in 1867 - father George, occ. Currier. Mary Wood witness.

Handwriting seems clearer on this one.
    Elaine

Comment

thanks again Elaine that is the same address as on Marys marriage so does look like her sister ,but we were hoping she is the daughter of our George Knight a Currier but as we cant find the family after 1851 dont really know how many children they had past 1859 so not sure if they had a Lydia ?
      I cannot find a George Knight a Currier on the census records on FMP after ours in 1851 ?
      You couldnt have a quick look could you our George was born in 1815 Bermondsey

Comment

I'll have a look Val.
        Elaine

Comment

There is a George Knight in 1851 - occ. Currier journeyman - with two daughters Mary and Lydia. It could be them!
          http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...&recoff=5+6+42

Can you give me the details of your George Knight 1851 census.
          Elaine

Comment

Is this your George in 1851
            http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...074&recoff=5+6
            Elaine

Comment

still cannot find one but did find a George Knight a CARRIER with a daughter Lydia and Mary abt the right ages living in Cuckfield? wonder if the daughters misheard him lol

Comment

yes thats him Elaine , we thought maybe that other marriage for Mary was really Emily she is the right age ?

Comment

we cross posted , now on FMP that George is listed as a Carrier Journeyman ?

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                    we cross posted , now on FMP that George is listed as a Carrier Journeyman ?
                    .. looks like Currier journeyman to me.
                    Elaine

Comment

now I have looked at the image yes your right I hadn't gone that far as it is mistranscibed as Carrier on FMP ,thanks Elaine so not mine then back to the drawing board I hate my Knights sometimes .

Comment

Incidentally, it may be useful to you, when identifying future possible mistranscriptions of his career choice that I have had a "carrier" mistranscribed from a marriage register as a "cashier". When I looked at the script, the error was very understandable: I just had the advantage of having seen his entries in the censuses.

Christine
                        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                        X