Service Record Number.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Record Number.

Is there any free-be site that I would be able to find my husbands father service record number.

James Willett, born 1907 Ryde Isle of wight.

Called back to the coulours in 1939 at the outbreak of WW2 The Dorsets.

Any help would be appreciated.

Most of the ww2 records are still locked away and not available but as you are close a relative as possible the NA may give you the required

information if you e-mail them.
    Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

if he had any children during the war the birth cert may have his reg number on my fathers is on mine and my siblings

Comment

If a forces child is born abroad, it's quite likely that the father's service number would be included on that birth cert, too.

And service records - there's some detail in the FTF Reference Library (http://www.familytreeforum.com/conte...itary-Research). Spouses can obtain a copy of the record for free; next of kin are usually charged £30.

Christine
        Last edited by Christine in Herts; 11-06-12, 22:52.
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Many thanks folks for info.

Service record number now found.
          Maureen.

Comment

can I ask where you found it thanks

Comment

Working...
            X