Can find on FMP but not on Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can find on FMP but not on Ancestry

My OH's great grandmother Elizabeth Masters can be found on FMP (albeit as Elizabeth MARNER) RG12 757 62 19 Main Street Northiam
    However I just cannot trace her on Ancestry. Is there a way of just typing in the ref? Or am I just having a senior moment?
    Charity

Just fill in piece number 757, folio number 62 and page number19 on this form: http://search.ancestry.co.uk/search/db.aspx?dbid=6598
    Last edited by JudithM; 10-06-12, 21:18.
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Thanks Judith. Definitely a senior moment - I didn't think to click on 'show advanced'!!
      I don't make life easy for myself.
      Once again - thank you.

Comment

Sorry to be a nuisance - I think I must be thick. I put the details in and have tried using Masters and Marner (as transcribed on FMP). Have also tried just putting her Christian name and her husband but I still cannot trace her - what am I doing wrong?

Comment

I think I need a lie down in a dark room -am getting myself confused. I should have said that her married name (at that time) was Manser transcribed on FMP as Marner. Have tried again using the correct name but still no joy.I have now just entered the folio etc. but with no names and I can get to Northiam but will have to just go through all the names until I find my family. It seems very long winded considering I had all the info.
          Sorry if i am confusing everyone.
          Any guidance would be welcome.
          Thank you

Comment

If you just put the reference in without any names then you should get a list of the 25 names on that page.
            I think you will find she has been transcribed as Mawson on Ancestry.
            Elaine

Comment

isnt that the link I gave ????

when you want to find somebody by a census reference you need to go to the old search on ancestry then find the census year you want and fill in nothing but the numbers you have does that make sense?

Comment

Yes -That's it Val . Thank you very much. How did you do that?

Comment

Thank you all very much. I have had another go (always easier when you know the answer). I will mark it down as something new I have learnt today and will now take to my bed. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.
                  Once again thank you all very much.;D

Comment

When you have a census reference you need to go to the old search on Ancestry find the census year you want then only put the numbers you have in the reference boxes no names you might have about three pages to scroll through but thats it.

Comment

night

Comment

Originally posted by charity View Post
                        Sorry to be a nuisance - I think I must be thick. I put the details in and have tried using Masters and Marner (as transcribed on FMP). Have also tried just putting her Christian name and her husband but I still cannot trace her - what am I doing wrong?
                        I did write "Just fill in piece number 757, folio number 62 and page number19 on this form" ​Yur problem arose because you put names in the form as well and as they have been mistranscribed they weren't found. Mind you, looking at the census page, I'm glad I didn't have to transcribe that writing!
                        Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Working...
                        X