Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Henry Lewis...........................................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henry Lewis...........................................

My Grandfather x 2 George Richards born 1829 Bristol. Wife Eliza Lewis born 1827 Bristol. Her parents were called George Lewis and Elizabeth Gordon.

On the 1851 George and Eliza with daughter Eliza born 1848 Bristol are living with another family in Cheltenham.

The names of the other family are Henry Lewis born 1828 Bristol, wife 1825 Hatherley Cheltenham and daughter Mary 1 day old. Both men are Cordwainers.

My first reaction was was Eliza and Henry brother and sister?

Up to now cannot find Henry Lewis on the 1841 census.

Any help would be appreciated

siamese

I would have thought the solution to identification would be marriage certificates for both George and Henry. From Glos BMD I think Henry's wife was Mary Cook, and they married at Cheltenham Register Office in 1850, so there's no way of getting around paying for the certificate if you want it. If this is the correct marriage baby Mary was Ellen Mary - Glos BMD has her birth as Ellen M Lewis, mmn Cook.

I imagine it is you that has started a similar thread on RootsChat - please let people on both forums know of any progress to save duplication of effort!

scuda
    Last edited by scuda; 10-06-12, 14:37.
    Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

Working...
    X