Family Tree maker 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Tree maker 2012

PC world online are doing Family Tree Maker World Editition 2011for £29.97 with 6 months World sub, Also FTM Platinum Edition 2012 at £29.99.
    Last edited by Alan; 10-06-12, 13:20.

Thats good value with world wide!

Oh blow, just went to order the worldwide for the sub and it says no home delivery - you can collect from a store though. Double blow, all branches in my area are out of stock :(

I think I may go for the 2012 Platinum instead. amazon have them in stock too for £29.30 including 6 months premium sub
    Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 10-06-12, 13:51.

Comment

I'm beginning to wonder who does actually have one in stock Heather (2011 world). I have just checked 4 counties without success!
      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

They probably had 1 in each branch! Never mind, Ive got several 2010/11 programs - just for the subs - so Ive just bought the 2012 platinum with 6 months premium on amazon now as my sub is nearly out anyway.

Comment

I've just ordered one on ebay, £29.99 plus £1 postage. Apparently it's just the CD, no book, etc, but that doesn't worry me. It sounds like a bargain!

scuda
          Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

Let us know how it is when you get it

Comment

Excuse a really thick Q, but can you do this over and over again? I have already had one FTF reduced Ancestry sub, but some years ago. I wouldn't mind another!

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                Excuse a really thick Q, but can you do this over and over again? I have already had one FTF reduced Ancestry sub, but some years ago. I wouldn't mind another!

OC
                I'm on about my third "free" 6 months. One time I only got the basic package so I phoned them and they let me upgrade cheaply to the premium one. Last time I did it was in January and was having trouble renewing with it online so rang Ancestry again and they did it for me there and then. I asked at the time whether there was any problem with doing packages back to back and they said it was OK - had quite a nice chat with them about what a good way it is to buy subs.

My 6 months finishes next month so needless to say I will be buying another FTM. I do happen to use the program but you obviously don't have to
                Jackie

Comment

I bought two with 6 months free worldwide at the same time ,they only let you register one at a time though ,she said just before the time is up ring them and they will sort it.

Comment

Thanks - I'll have to look out for the next offer!

OC

Comment

They're always on offer somewhere OC
                      Jackie

Comment

That PC World offer has been going for a while; I've checked the site at intervals, but all the branches within a reasonable radius of where my sister lives have been out of stock for months.

Comment

OC, I cant remember when I last paid for a full ancestry sub! I just buy the programs when they are on offer and use the 6 months subs because its so much cheaper than the regular sub.

Comment

I have had several Premium back to back too. I just make sure that I have £19 worth of Tesco vouchers left each time.
                            This time it turned out even better in the end. I renewed on 3rd May with a Premium 2012 FTM. Then on Saturday I panicked because I got a credit card statement (I hardly ever use my credit card) and Ancestry had charged me £77.40. When I rang them they said it was for the upgrade to world wide. I told them I didn't ask for or want worldwide, so why had they done that. The young man was very pleasant and eventually said that the only way he could put it right without me having to wait for a supervisor was for him to give me a refund and cancel my subscription completely and then reinstate me with 6 months world wide free but it would start from June 8th. He apologised and asked if I would be happy with that. I leave you to guess what I said
                            Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 11-06-12, 12:21.

Comment

i pay monthly for a subscription and i would be happy to look up some details for some members if anyone is stuck and having difficulties with ancestry website just message me

Comment

Can you use your normal log in for the free Ancestry, or do you have to create one each time?
                                Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

My £29.99 disk has arrived - seems to be the real thing, so now I have to activate the 6 months World sub. Does anyone have any idea of the answers to these two questions, please?

Do I have to install Family Tree Maker in order to activate the sub (I wouldn't want to use the program)?

Do I need to wait until my present UK sub is almost at an end (late this year), or could I "slot in" this worldwide sub now?

scuda
                                  Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

You really need to install the disc and then you will see the option of activating the free sub.
                                    If your present subscription is a UK one, then it is best to wait until that has finished and then activate the World sub.
                                    Elaine

Comment

My 2012 premium arrived today from amazon too

Comment

Originally posted by Lensgirl View Post
                                        Can you use your normal log in for the free Ancestry, or do you have to create one each time?
                                        You just log in to your usual Ancestry page Robyne.

Comment

Working...
                                        X