julius kraut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• julius kraut

Looking for any family member that is connected with this gentleman julius kraut. He served in the boer war service no 117 unit qmI. He gave my husband's great grandfather peter mcconkey (in the same unit) a prayer book. like to be able to get a photo to connect with the name. also if he had any other connections with peter besides being in the same unit.

Originally posted by Jenny Buchanan View Post
    Looking for any family member that is connected with this gentleman julius kraut. He served in the boer war service no 117 unit qmI. He gave my husband's great grandfather peter mcconkey (in the same unit) a prayer book. like to be able to get a photo to connect with the name. also if he had any other connections with peter besides being in the same unit.
    Have you looked on ancestry and genesreunited for any trees that might have him in them?

Margaret

Comment

Are we talking Australia here - QMI - Queensland Mounted Infantry??

Comment

Yes - answered my own question - looks to have arrived in Brisbane as a 5 year old in 1877, served with the 1st QMI (unfortunately quite a few photos online of members of 2nd QMI - but not the 1st), married Agnes Robeck/Roback in 1907 (she died 1944) - he died 1956 and was on electoral rolls in Laidley (Qld) up to 1954

White Pages has 1 "Kraut" entry in Laidley and several in Gatton as well as other parts of Qld - might be worth trying to make contact that way as well

Good Luck
        Last edited by SueNSW; 10-06-12, 11:20.

Comment

There is a Kraut Family tree on Ancestry - with quite a few photos - looks like someone in the family today is certainly interested in its history

Again - good luck with your quest

Comment

Originally posted by SueNSW View Post
            Are we talking Australia here - QMI - Queensland Mounted Infantry??
            yes thats the one

Comment

thank you very much for all you're help. I think i might have to go on to ancestry sooner than I wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenny Buchanan View Post
                thank you very much for all you're help. I think i might have to go on to ancestry sooner than I wanted to.
                Jenny, if you register with www.mundia.com this is a sister site to Ancestry and it has ALL public trees on it (its a sister site to ancestry), you can register and search the trees and also initiate contact, there is no charge to sign up or search the trees or even contact people.
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                  Jenny, if you register with www.mundia.com this is a sister site to Ancestry and it has ALL public trees on it (its a sister site to ancestry), you can register and search the trees and also initiate contact, there is no charge to sign up or search the trees or even contact people.

owesome!!!!! thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X