Missing Waterson's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Waterson's

Josephine Maude Twitchin was born 1893 Lambeth and her sister Gladys Irene Twitchin born 1900 and they both appear on 1901 census living with the Twitchin family at 43 Loveridge Road Hampstead.
    Both girls real surname was Waterson and they were adopted by the Twitchin family at some time between the birth of Gladys Irene and the 1901 census.
    Their parents were Joseph and Mary Waterson whom I cannot trace any where.
    Alice Waterson,was a sister who died at birth 1900 and her address was 254 Munton Road.
    When the adopting parents finally married in 1915, they gave their address as 254 Munton Road.
    We know they were living at 22 Stockwell Grove at the time.
    My theory is that they "fibbed" about their address, but used 254 Munton because they knew
    some friends who lived there once.

Both George Twitchin (adopting father) and Joseph Waterson were carpenters and I assume possibly worked together.
    The address 1893 address for Josephine Maude Waterson was 75 Rosendale Road, West Dulwich,Norwood..
    Any input regarding Joseph and Mary Waterson would be greatly appreciated.
    joboy

joboy

Having read the various other threads on the internet about this family, did you ever get the birth/death cert of Alice (1900)?

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
      joboy

Having read the various other threads on the internet about this family, did you ever get the birth/death cert of Alice (1900)?

OC
      Hi OC ...... I have never really bothered being unsure that it would reveal much.......... However I will order the DC today (St Saviours Southwark 1d 46) just out of curiosity.
      Not even sure that the parents were married having looked for a marriage (Joseph to Mary) prior to the births of the three girls.. and where the parents went to is a real mystery.
      Thanks for you interest.
      joboy
      Last edited by joboy; 11-06-12, 05:03.

Comment

Oh dear, if it's not too late - order the birth cert as that will potentially give you both parents' names. The DC will only give you the name of the father.

OC

Comment

If you don't have her certificates then how do you know "Alice Waterson,was a sister who died at birth 1900 and her address was 254 Munton Road"
          Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Judith

That's why I think joboy should get Alice's certificate - the gap between her and the previous child is very narrow indeed and Alice would have needed to be very premature (which is possible of course).

OC

Comment

Originally posted by JudithM View Post
              If you don't have her certificates then how do you know "Alice Waterson,was a sister who died at birth 1900 and her address was 254 Munton Road"
              I understand the question Judith ...... this was a subject that a relation closer to the matter shared with me a few years ago who is no longer in contact and I know that he tried his best to get the facts.
              joboy

Comment

The DC of Alice Waterson has arrived.She was premature (7mths) and lived 2 days and died 4th June 1900.
                It just says 'daughter of Joseph Waterson (carpenter)' and he was the informant.The mother is not mentioned.
                The address was 254 Munton Road Newington.
                Joe

Comment

Working...
                X