Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jewish records

Hi

Im thinking that my step-dad has Jewish roots (his 4x great grand father was Louis Salomon a Tailor). Are there any records online to find out?
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

there is quite a few sites this is one of them

Comment

*Laughs and laughs and laughs*

Have you, by any chance, ever looked at Wallaby's thread "Hospital Records" on the sensitive board?

Yes, there are some Jewish records on line but not many. It is a nightmare to search for Jewish roots.

To start you off - did Louis Salomon marry in synagogue? Do the names of his children appear Jewish?

OC

Comment

no idea about marriage yet, i cant find any records online of the marriage between himself and his wife (first child born in 1811). Childrens names are Sylvester and Nathaniel and on one census he is living with a Saul Salomon who is of a similar age and born in the same place (Aldgate) so im thinking maybe a sibling.

Will take a look at the Jewish website and also the sensitive board, i thought it was a long shot!
        Last edited by Lensgirl; 08-06-12, 16:36.
        Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

The point is whether they remained Jewish or not - if they didn't, then they are recorded in the normal way. If they did remain of the Jewish faith, then it IS possible to access Jewish records but it can be difficult and perseverence is called for.

OC

Comment

Working...
          X