Limachers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limachers

I received a death cert for my husbands grandmother and it gave the informant as a A Limacher (daughter) An aunt my husband and his family knew nothing about. (His mother never spoke of her family and we all got the impression she was an only child)

I found the marriage for a Annie Mary Cearns to a Sidney Limacher in 1935 in Liverpool. On the death cert A Limacher the informant is living in Wales and on doing some research on the husband found him and his family to be Welsh.

I have found living relatives for my husband living in Wales from the electoral roll and it obviously up to the family whether they contact them or not.

Thing is though I cannot find a death record for either Annie Limacher or sidney Limacher, she was born in 1911 and he in 1915 so I would be amazed if either were still alive. Could they both have emigrated or have I missed the records?
    KAREN xx

found a Sidney A Limacher death in Wales 1966 registered in Aled Denbighshire.
    aged 51
    does this tie in ??

Comment

Thanks so much Janet, yes he was born in 1915 so that would be correct. Did you find that on Ancestry?
      KAREN xx

Comment

There are 3 children from the Cearns/Limacher marriage 1 born in Liverpool 1936 and the other 2 born Bangor 1942 and 1947. Won't give any details and most likely all still living.

Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
          There are 3 children from the Cearns/Limacher marriage 1 born in Liverpool 1936 and the other 2 born Bangor 1942 and 1947. Won't give any details and most likely all still living.

Margaret
          Thanks margaret, yes I have those, it was from these marriages and the childrens marriages that I got the details from the electoral rolls of living relatives.
          KAREN xx

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy View Post
            Thanks margaret, yes I have those, it was from these marriages and the childrens marriages that I got the details from the electoral rolls of living relatives.
            It was only after I posted I realised that was what you meant! very slow today after Jubilee celebrations yesterday - hic!
            Margaret

Comment

Hi
              found it on FMP

Comment

I wonder if this is Annie Mary's death reg which is mistranscribed!

Annie Zimacher, born 6 May 1911, died Apr 1986, age 74, Aberconwy, Gwynedd, vol 25, page 450.

Comment

Originally posted by susan h View Post

Annie Zimacher, born 6 May 1911, died Apr 1986, age 74, Aberconwy, Gwynedd, vol 25, page 450.
                  Brilliant find - that must be it!
                  Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by susan h View Post

Fantastic!! Thanks so much
                    KAREN xx

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
                      It was only after I posted I realised that was what you meant! very slow today after Jubilee celebrations yesterday - hic!
                      Margaret
                      LOLOLOLOL Margaret, think few of us have sore heads after all the jubilee celebrations
                      KAREN xx

Comment

Originally posted by Janet H. View Post
                        Hi
                        found it on FMP
                        Thanks Janet
                        KAREN xx

Comment

She is listed as Zimacher on Ancestry too. Unfortunately there is no image available.
                          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Working...
                          X