Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VLC for watching iplayer

I am putting this here as not many people go on the Computer thread

I installed this on my PC and the Laptop ,as the programme that comes with the PC is useless , but now all I get is insufficient bandwidth and it stops and starts all the time ??

Anyone know what I may be doing wrong ? Do I just open VLC and then start the iplayer ???? thanks

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
    I am putting this here as not many people go on the Computer thread
    Can't help you I am afraid Val, but please consider that the members who are interested in computer technology and might know the answer to your query may visit the Computer forum rather than the General Discussion forum.
    By posting here you may be missing out on computer expertise.
    Elaine

Comment

hadnt thought of that ??? can you move it then pease Elaine

Comment

Yes, no problem.
        Elaine

Comment

god I got dizzzy then so quick

Comment

Not sure if you have looked at this - http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.u...ient_bandwidth
            Are you trying to view in HD or higher quality - it suggests switching to normal or lower quality.

Elaine

Comment

how do I know Elaine ?? it says at the bottom left of the page you are viewing but I cant see it ?
              Its not even for me its for something my Husband missed.

Comment

Sorry we cannot get iplayer here Val so I'm not a lot of help to you.
                Hopefully someone else will come along with some suggestions.
                Elaine

Comment

Hi Val
                  You should just go to IPlayer on BBC site select the program and play .
                  If you are having buffering problems just download it first then pay it .

Ken

Comment

hi Ken I can do that on BBC but not on channel 4 or 5 ? is that possible too thanks

Comment

Demand 5 is only a streaming service: http://www.channel5.com/help/can-i-u...o-the-internet

and I think Channel 4 is the same: http://www.channel4.com/4viewers/faq...g/id/400289741

Caroline
                      Caroline's Family History Pages
                      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

thanks Caroline what a shame

Comment

Hello Val,

I have Three different formats for BBC iPlayer on my net book I have one format that was already installed as new. On my old PC I have a different one again that I downloaded when the BBC iplayer first launched and on my new Samsung Laptop I have another layout and this was pre-installed. The answer is the same in the end.
                          Margaret N
                          DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

just go to www.channel5.com/demand or to www.channel4.com/programmes/4od

ank
                            Last edited by Frank in Beds; 11-06-12, 16:37.
                            FRANK

Comment

Thanks Margaret I wondered if I am doing it right ? I seem to have windows media on this one but its useless or am I doing something wrong?
                              Oh and thanks Frank :o shall try that.
                              Last edited by Guest; 22-11-12, 00:11.

Comment

Working...
                              X