Find My Past Blog - Rumours of Royal employment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find My Past Blog - Rumours of Royal employment

We hope you’re enjoying searching the new Royal Household staff records, published in association with the Royal Archives!
    It’s surprising just how many of us have a rumour of royal employment in our family history. One customer, Mick Hester, wrote in to tell us that the records have given him a new clue to solve his own family mystery. Mick said:
    “It’s been handed down that an ancestor of mine was the Chief Rat Catcher with 20 men under him to control rats in Windsor Castle and the Houses of Parliament. Until now, I’ve not found any evidence to support this story.”
    When we released the Royal Household staff records, Mick discovered the record below detailing a William Hester who was employed as a Rat Killer in 1689.
    Please click to enlarge

Have you found any ancestors of your own in the new records? We’ve got a selection of Diamond Jubilee goodies to give away to the most impressive finds – just email your discoveries to casestudies@findmypast.co.uk by midnight on Tuesday 5th June to be in with a chance of winning an official Queen’s Diamond Jubilee coin, tea towel, set of postage stamps or souvenir programme!
    More records will be added to this collection shortly, so if you can’t find your ancestors at the moment it is worth trying again. We’ll let you know when we add more!
    Search the Royal Household records now

More...

Please note: This post has originated from a news feed from an external website.
    Family Tree Forum neither endorses nor is responsible for the views of the author or any other content.
Working...
X