Death Cert query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death Cert query

I sent for a Death Cert I believe to be my Uncles Ex wife not sure if they divorced but doubt it.
    What I wondered was it says her name and the surname of the name of the man I believe she was living with ,then in the Box Maiden name of Woman who has married says nothing ?
    Could this be because she had never married the man who's name she has taken , its her Nephew who is the informant and I would have thought he would know about her.

Tricky one. WHat you've offered is a plausible explanation. Perhaps the Nephew didn't think he should publicise his aunt's unorthodox relationship?

Christine
    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 31-05-12, 14:56.
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

thanks Christine I am 99% sure its her plus it says she was born in London ,and there is nobody with that surname born in London at that time or even near it as far as I can see.

Comment

Perhaps the nephew was unsure about which of her former names he should say .... so he just said "I don't know". I doubt he explained to the registrar, otherwise they wouldn't have got away with leaving the box bland.

Anne

Comment

I am so pleased the electoral rolls came online thats how I found her with this man, I had assumed she had died years ago.

Comment

it's quite possible anne's situation is right. another may be he was not sure what her maiden name was. some people just didn't pay attention to these things. my brother stubbed my cousins already broken toe at a family gathering once, we had to explain to him she was not 'some aunt' but our first cousin. he was 16 at the time lol.

Comment

are they still friends Kyle ?

Comment

haha i guess so. when he remembers who she is.....he is shocking at family relationships. just doesn't care i think lol. at least he can tell us who his parents and grandparents are!!

Comment

Working...
                X