Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• query 1911 census info

Hi
    can someone tell me does this say arthur white (age 59 born northampton) is a farmer in canada ...mmm

and if so can anyone help find any mention of him in canada or would there be any travel info

family story was that an uncle went to canada

thankyou jebbo

Jebbett, Jebson, Goodman, White, Brown, Savory, Salisbury, Wheway, Hastings,
    Lenton, Perkins, Croshaw, Mallabone, Downey, Ring, Bergen, McConkey, Murphy.
    ( avatar Mum and Dad )

It reads as "Farmer in Canada on visit".

This could be him arriving at Liverpool on the Empress of Britain on 25 November 1910 shown as a farmer.

This looks like him returning to Canada onboard the Megantic,arriving Portland,Maine on the 24 April 1911,again shown as a farmer.

Rgds Matt
    My avatar is my fathers father,name unknown.............................

Comment

Wow Matt you are amazing big thankyou appreciate your help

Jebbo

Originally posted by Matt Muir View Post
      It reads as "Farmer in Canada on visit".

This could be him arriving at Liverpool on the Empress of Britain on 25 November 1910 shown as a farmer.

This looks like him returning to Canada onboard the Megantic,arriving Portland,Maine on the 24 April 1911,again shown as a farmer.

Rgds Matt

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

Hi
        Just had another look at census .. there is a line through arthur white name .. query what does that mean?

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

Originally posted by jebbo View Post
          Hi
          Just had another look at census .. there is a line through arthur white name .. query what does that mean?
          The enumerator seems to have altered the form, he's changed the number of males in the household as well. I wonder if he saw the bit about being a farmer in Canada and thought the head of the household had misunderstood and put him on the form even though he wasn't in the country. If so the enumerator was wrong as Arthur must have been there- it was him who signed the form.
          Last edited by JudithM; 03-06-12, 08:04.
          Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

HI judithM
            It is a strange one noted that arthur had signed form but then wondered why his name had been lined through

Jebbo

Originally posted by JudithM View Post
            The enumerator seems to have altered the form, he's changed the number of males in the household as well. I wonder if he saw the bit about being a farmer in Canada and thought the head of the household had misunderstood and put him on the form even though he wasn't in the country. If so the enumerator was wrong as Arthur must have been there- it was him who signed the form.

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

Working...
            X