1891 census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1891 census

can any one look up the above census please for john hedley born 1796 birtley co durham ive just found one on f----- s-----
    1891 census birtley, auckland,st andrews auckland ,coudon grange i have no credits to view his age is 5 years old if you dont mind thanks dave

sorry i have made a big error 1891 cenus lossing it thanks again dave

Comment

Originally posted by tyson View Post
      can any one look up the above census please for john hedley born 1796 birtley co durham ive just found one on f----- s-----
      1891 census birtley, auckland,st andrews auckland ,coudon grange i have no credits to view his age is 5 years old if you dont mind thanks dave
      found a marriage for him 1817 to margaret hindmarsh hartburn co durham

Comment

Sorry Tyson, not quite sure which census year you are after?
        Elaine

Comment

elaine sorry i made a mistake on posting that 1891 census because john was born 1796 and married 1817 so i dont know if there is any info on 1841 census i have him having 10 children so iam am looking for john parents any help is most gratefull dave

Comment

There are quite a few John Hedleys born in the 1790s in Northumberland shown on Family Search - really impossible to tell which one might be yours!
            https://www.familysearch.org/search/...r1=1700%7E1790

Trying to find him in a census to see if it gives place of birth. I have found a 1841 entry with wife Margaret and children, as follows:
            Household
            John Hedley 45
            Margaret Hedley 45
            John Hedley 20
            Christopher Hedley 15
            George Hedley 12
            Margaret Hedley 20
            Isabelle Hedley 15

I can see this same John in the 1851 census but it just gives place of birth as Northumberland, which isn't a lot of help!!

Do you know if this is the right family? If not, can you give me the names of the children.
            Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
              There are quite a few John Hedleys born in the 1790s in Northumberland shown on Family Search - really impossible to tell which one might be yours!
              https://www.familysearch.org/search/...r1=1700%7E1790

Trying to find him in a census to see if it gives place of birth. I have found a 1841 entry with wife Margaret and children, as follows:
              Household
              John Hedley 45
              Margaret Hedley 45
              John Hedley 20
              Christopher Hedley 15
              George Hedley 12
              Margaret Hedley 20
              Isabelle Hedley 15

I can see this same John in the 1851 census but it just gives place of birth as Northumberland, which isn't a lot of help!!

Do you know if this is the right family? If not, can you give me the names of the children.
              I was going to say that this is probably not the right family as there are a number of trees on Ancestry which show that John Hedley died 20 January 1840 in Snitter, Northumberland.
              However on a couple of the trees I looked at which have his date of death as 1840, they also have a link to him and the family on the 1841 census! Remarkable!!!!
              One of the trees gives John Hedley's father as John, although there is no indication of the source of this information.
              Elaine

Comment

yes ellaine the two trees are the ones one done by wifes dads brother and the other family black ,he has johns dad down as john but i cannot find his family thanks again for all your help dave

Comment

Working...
                X