Looking for the genealogy of bartholomew clay and mary bagnall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for the genealogy of bartholomew clay and mary bagnall

Kia ora, I am trying to trace the genealogy of Bartholomew Clay and his wife Mary Clay (nee Bagnall) as they are in my family tree and I would like to trace their parents, grandparents, great grandparents etc. Bartholomew was born in 1741, and he married Mary Bagnall in 1783. As far as I know they had maybe three children whose names I believe are Thomas born 1785, James born 1789, and John born 1788......John married Elizabeth Allen at St Chad's Lichfield on 3 September 1811...

If anyone out there has any information regarding this family tree I would like to please hear from you....kia ora

is lichfield in staffs? do you have burials for bartholomew and mary? did their marriage say where they were from at the time?

Comment

The marriage and the three baptisms at St. Chad's are on the free familysearch site, as you may already know:

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

The same site has a possible baptism for Bartholomew at St. Chad's in 1741. Can't see an obvious baptism for Mary.

That site only gives brief details; for the full entry you'd need to find somebody who's going to Lichfield Record Office, or you can e-mail the Record Office, who will do a search for a fee.

For those dates there won't be an awful lot of information in the registers, though (e.g. baptisms don't give the mother's maiden name, and marriages don't give parents' names).
      Last edited by Mary from Italy; 27-05-12, 15:14.

Comment

As a matter of interest, I see the Lichfield Record Office has a will for a Bartholomew Clay who died in 1724. It obviously isn't your Bartholomew, but the name's an unusual one, so he may well be related. I was hoping he might be the father of John, but the only child of Bart that I can find on familysearch is a Jane.

Bear in mind that those old registers are often hard to read, so not every entry may be transcribed correctly, or at all.

Last edited by Mary from Italy; 27-05-12, 15:24.

Comment

kia ora, no I do not have any of that information I am afraid, but I have a whakapapa I was given from a 3x great grandchild of Bartholomew and Mary Bagnall, and I am going off the names on this

Comment

You are right Bartholomew is an unusual name, and not mentioned very much in the whakapapa I have, but thanks for the help and the website

Comment

Working...
            X