Davies - Canadian Censuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davies - Canadian Censuses

Please can someone email me the 1916 Canadian Census entry for Dai Davies, son of Harry and Isabella of Swift Current, Saskatchewan

Also the 1911 Canadian Census for Harry and Isabella Davies, living in Brandon district Manitoba

Also the 1901 Canadian Census for Harry Davies, born 1880 Dorstone Herefordshire England - residing in Selkirk Region Manitoba

Thanks

Jack Hughes

email address removed
    Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 26-05-12, 18:36. Reason: email address removed

Sorry Jack, we don't allow email addresses on the forum. If someone can help they can contact you via PM (personal message) for your email details.
    Elaine

Comment

The 1911 census image is on the Automated Genealogy site.
      Last edited by LangleyValeSue; 26-05-12, 18:50.
      My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

How do you download/obtain the image?

Please can you send me the 1901/1916 entry as well

Comment

I think this is Harry in 1901, listed as Davis.

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Jack

Automated Genealogy don't have the 1916 census transcribed yet, but 1906 is there for Manitoba, Alberta & Saskatchewan.

If you click on the save/file icon at the top of the image page (2nd from left), you can save the image to your computer.

Hope that helps.
            Last edited by LangleyValeSue; 26-05-12, 19:22.

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

I'd appreciate the link to his 1916 census entry

Comment

Library & Archives Canada have the 1916 census, but it is not searchable by name. If you have the address, even partially, you may be able to find Dai on there, although it may take a while.

Last edited by LangleyValeSue; 26-05-12, 19:33.

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Thanks, when will it be available on automatic

Comment

I think they are just starting to transcribe it now. Automated Genealogy relies on volunteers to transcribe the censuses, as do most websites with genealogical lists. The more volunteers, the quicker the data is available to all.

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Can you try and find a Morgan Jones in the censues, born 1851 Llanafan Fawr, Breconshire Wales in Canada after 1871. Farmer

Also William Thomas and his wife Mary living in Nashville Tennessee USA after 1901. William born 1863 Llanafan Fawr Breconshire Wales. Farmer.

Comment

Fanny C Davies and her sister Elizabeth sailed in 1893 to Philadelphia USA. Frances Caroline Davies born 1874 Dorstone Herefordshire England and Elizabeth Davies in 1872. Is anyone available to find them in 1901 and 1911 USA

Thanks

Comment

Have you tried the Family Search website - 1900 and 1910 census free to search.
                          Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by JAHughes1 View Post
                            Fanny C Davies and her sister Elizabeth sailed in 1893 to Philadelphia USA. Frances Caroline Davies born 1874 Dorstone Herefordshire England and Elizabeth Davies in 1872.
                            How sure are you of the passenger list?
                            There is a Fanny C Davies and Elizabeth Davies on the Philadelphia Passenger lists, date of arrival 24 Sept 1893, but their ages are 31 and 35 respectively, which would give birth years of 1862 and 1858.
                            Elaine

Comment

Yes I am but I cannot find them on the censuses

Comment

So if you are sure of the passenger list then are we looking for a Frances Davies born c1862 and an Elizabeth Davies born 1858 (as per the above passenger list I found)

- or is there another passenger list for a Frances Davies born c1874 and Elizabeth Davies born c1872, in which case where have you found that passenger list?

Do you have them in a UK census - if so can you give the details please.
                                Elaine

Comment

JAH -
                                  I only have access to familysearch at this time. There do not seem any likely candidates for the four Philadelphians you are looking for.

Well, I take it back. Three possibilities leap out for children of theirs. In this search I searched for an individual born in Philadelphia after 1901, whose last name was Thomas, and parents were William & Mary Thomas.

What was Mary's last name?
                                  https://familysearch.org/search/records/index#count=20&query=%2Bsurname%3Athomas~%20%2Bbir th_place%3A%22philadelphia%2C%20pa%22~%20%2Bbirth_ year%3A1901-1920~%20%2Bfather_givenname%3Awilliam~%20%2Bfather _surname%3Athomas~%20%2Bmother_givenname%3Amary~

You haven't indicated if the Thomas' had any children prior to their departure from England.

There is the problem of very common names (Thomas & Davies), as well as single women marrying. There is no central BMD registration in the US, and many records that may still exist are not indexed.

Best wishes
                                  Sarah
                                  Last edited by PhotoFamily; 29-05-12, 02:59.

Comment

Please can someone find Fanny and Elizabeth Davies in Canada/USA in 1901 and 1911. Frances born 1874 and Elizabeth 1872

William Thomas and his wife Mary emigrated after 1901 because they resided at Llwydcoed Aberdare at a pub there in 1901 and emigrated with children between 1901 and 1911. Went from Liverpool. In Nashville Tennessee in 1940s.

Comment

Please can someone find Fanny and Elizabeth Davies in Canada/USA in 1901 and 1911. Frances born 1874 and Elizabeth 1872
                                      What were the names of their parents - it might help when looking for a possible marriage.
                                      Elaine

Comment

William Thomas and his wife Mary emigrated after 1901 because they resided at Llwydcoed Aberdare at a pub there in 1901 and emigrated with children between 1901 and 1911. Went from Liverpool. In Nashville Tennessee in 1940s.
                                        Apparently the link I posted isn't working. I've attached a screen print. Was Mary's maiden name Morrow, or a similar name?

1940 census is being transcribed as we speak. The free version should be available by summer's end. That census also recorded the person's place of residence in 1935 - it may help locate them in a former location.

Common names are very difficult to identify. As Elaine said, can you provide parents' information? Any other details?

Comment

Working...
                                        X