robert pirie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• robert pirie

I am looking for any descendants of Robert Pirie b 1894 Aberdeen m 1919 in Edinburgh to Isabella Watt b 1894 in Edinburgh ?. They moved to Manchester about 1921, he was a fireman .
    EP
    Last edited by julip; 26-05-12, 10:55.

your going to have to confirm all those people are dead, or you will have to remove their names. what exactly is it your looking for? tracing descendants? or going backwards as well?

Comment

Twins (Alexander and Margaret) born and died 1930. Another child born Sept 34. This is from freebmd.

OC

Comment

KYLEJUSTIN

I am looking for descendants

OC

Thanks for names

EP

Comment

as oc said, you can take a lokk on freebmd or ancestry at the bmd indexes up to 2005. you may find some names you can find in the phone books.

Comment

Found a couple of names in phone directory .

Thanks
            EP
            Last edited by julip; 28-05-12, 12:13.

Comment

Some possible routes for research (mostly already mentioned, I think!):

1] BMD indexes - don't forget that there are "local" BMD sites, too (see http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/, and click on Local BMD in the left-hand menu bar). Sometimes they have additional useful info, tho' they aren't usually divided into Quarters - just whole years.
              2] Electoral rolls
              3] Phone books (online phonebooks?)
              4] 192.com uses both electoral rolls and phone books, I think. Not forgetting that people can opt not to have their electoral roll info published more widely than the local lists in (e.g.) their library.
              5] Search engines and Social networking sites.
              6] Professional year-books

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Christine ,
                Thanks for info . on various sites . You have given me lots to think about .
                Will try to access them
                Evelyn

Comment

Working...
                X