Wright - 1851 Census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wright - 1851 Census

Can anyone help search please for an Elizabeth Wright (born about 1831) who was married in Clerkenwell 1857, on the marriage certificate she was aged 26 so possibly not living with her parents in 1851. The address given by the bride and groom at the time of the marriage was Red Lion Street, I presume Clerkenwell, the name of Elizabeth's dad was John a labourer.

Although I am not totally sure, the parents of the groom in 1851 may have been living at Garnault Mews Clerkenwell, and I am wondering if they both came from that area of London.

Thanks for help.
    Ewen

Do you have a place of birth for her?
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine for your reply. Elizabeth died in 1859, I have no birth place for her, the only information I have is the marriage certificate. On the index for fmp there are a few John Wrights (b 1800 - 1814) in the Clerkenwell area I am hoping that one of them may be the dad of Elizabeth
      Ewen

Comment

I can only find one John Wright in 1841 with a daughter Elizabeth born abt the right time he is a Bricklayer ?? which I suppose could be classed as a Labourer? living in Shoreditch

John Wright abt 1811 Middlesex
        Elizabeth Wright abt 1811 also Middlesex
        Elizabeth Wright abt 1835 also Middlesex

H0107 709 3/42 15
        Last edited by Guest; 25-05-12, 12:08.

Comment

i'd be looking into him val. labourers in the past seemed to be jack of all trades. and i have rellies listed as labourers and bricklayers in diff records.

Comment

thats what I was thinking too Kyle .

Comment

on the m/cert who were the witness' were they family members?? do they hold clues? maybe help you pinpoint the right 'Elizabeth'
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thank you for your replies, I will keep the John Wright with the 2 Elizabeth Wrights on file should they connect. I agree with your comments about labourers and bricklayers I also have such ancestors that have used both occupation on the censuses etc. As for the witnesses on the marriage certificate I do not recognise them at all so they have offered me no other clues.

Would anyone be kind enough to look at the occupation of the John Wrights born 1800-1814 and living in Clerkenwell on the 1851 census, it looks like there are 3, please to see what they are?

Many thanks
                Ewen

Comment

The one born 1800 was a baker, the one born 1811 was an ag lab, and the one born 1814 was a coffee house keeper.

Comment

Thank you Breckland Jane for posting the occupations, I will get to look at these a bit more in depth later this week to see if they connect.
                    Ewen

Comment

Working...
                    X